Step One - A triangle
Step two - Parts!
- The Sclera - or white of the eye. (I spelled this wrong on my drawing...apologies.)
- The Iris - the colored part of the eye.
- The Pupil - the black center.
- The Lids - Top and bottom.
- The Lashes - Top and bottom.
For now, we will LIGHTLY sketch these parts in as we see them. In some people, especially those with darker eyes, it may be hard to see where the iris ends and the pupil begins. If this is the case, DON'T MAKE IT UP, just draw what you see, and if you have to combine them - that's fine. Typically, the iris will end about a quarter (1/4) to a third (1/3) of the way back from the front of the eye.
When drawing the lashes, DO NOT draw individual lashes - draw all of the lashes TOGETHER and treat them as one shape.